Productivity, vitality, well-being, and connection. I believe that personal well-being and professional vitality is more important than productivity, but also that creating our most meaningful work and connecting with others keeps us vital.
- PhD, Rhetoric and Professional Communication
- Faculty Teaching and Learning Specialist, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Previously tenured professor with 17 years of experience teaching undergraduates
- Certified Scrum Master and design thinking workshop facilitator with 100+ hours training and experience
- Coach-in-training for International Coaching Federation certification with Dr. Katie Linder
- Experienced faculty development professional, speaker, and facilitator working with high-achieving mid-career faculty on productivity, project management, stress/burnout, professional writing, effective teaching, and career development and transformation.
Author, Agile Faculty: Practical Strategies for Managing Research, Service, and Teaching, University of Chicago Press, 2017
Co-editor with William Moner and Phillip Motley, Redesigning Liberal Education: Innovative Design for a Twenty-First-Century Undergraduate Education, Johns Hopkins University Press, 2020
Current Project, Professor Burnout: Strategies for Identifying, Addressing, and Destigmatizing Burnout in Higher Education, under contract with Johns Hopkins University Press